Tuesday 18 August 2009

Where do I begin? (IC except where indicated)

(OOC) I have been quiet over the past few weeks. RL situations (like a breakdown) meant that I needed to take time away from blogs and Gor and SL. I took time off work and went away to try and put myself back together - it worked, in some part anyway... (end of OOC)

Things have been unusual lately. I completed a change of homestone and left Tabor for Tharnock. I was looking for a quiet life. Of course, things do not turn out as we expect or hope for.

Shortly after my move to Tharnock, events started to move rapidly. My friend, Tiber Delphin, asked me to be his Free Companion. I accepted gladly as I have loved him since the first moment we were introduced by a mutual friend. He is not the type of man I would normally have chosen, but there is something about him. I love being able to submit to him totally when we are in private. I did not expect him to be so dominant yet loving; many men would surely have clamped a collar around my neck for such behaviour as I have shown to him in the furs. We have yet to have any kind of ceremony, but Tiber made the official announcement before I could get the ring on my finger! We spent the next few days in blissful solitude away from the homestone in our private home at Dark Path.

Tiber went travelling and I started to make myself at home in Tharnock. Our Ubar seemed to like to collect panthers as pets, which meant their sisters came looking and we were under attack frequently. As an unarmed green, I kept myself away from such matters; my only input being to attempt slave exams on the mad women...which usually ended when I lost my temper and they had to be taken away from my 'special' syringes.

I kept myself busy with getting to know the citizens, such as the lovely lady slaver, and refurnishing the infirmary. I also worked on the home that Tiber and I had taken on together and spent time wandering from place to place in search of interesting people and sights.

Things took an unexpected turn on a trip to the Oasis of the Golden Pleasure Tent. The place had been recommended to me by a very dear friend who I think the world of. I spent some time during a couple of visits getting to know a man at the Oasis. He seemed very friendly and I grew to like him - a lot. I enjoyed spending time in his company and in his arms; we have not furred, before any accusations are made, but he does seem to enjoy my nakedness.

I also spent some time with the very dear friend who introduced me to the Oasis - an afternoon spent in his arms dancing and talking made me happier and safer than he can possibly ever know. I had felt an instant attraction to him too, but his attentions lay elsewhere and I was too polite to make my feelings for him known.

Back in Tharnock, I had a pregnancy to deal with; the lady had tried to keep it to herself for as long as she could, but these things have a tendency to show eventually. Incidently the lady now has a beautiful baby boy. The first time I had delivered a baby but all seemed to go well enough.

Trouble occured one afternoon when the Ubar brought another pet home. She had been held captive in the fort on the hill for some time when a large group of her sisters appeared. They soon mounted an attack on the city. There were very few of us around and all of them except for me were in the fort. I quickly rushed to ring the alarms. Of course, it was a futile effort as no one came. I managed to get to the fort without incident. A couple of panthers had been downed and were bound. Minor injuries, but nothing that needed me. And then the full scale assault occured. All of us were downed, including me. Despite posing little threat to the women, I was downed four times, but was the only one left behind in the city when they left with their prisoners. I recovered and once the city returned to normal, I went travelling to re-build my strength.

When I returned from my travels, I found a scroll from Tiber saying he had left Tharnock. He did not tell me why and neither did the citizens. I am still not completely sure what happened. I resumed my role as physician in Tharnock. There seemed to be more people moving in and changes had happened with the buildings. A new outlaw fort had sprung up on one of the hills and there was talk of mercenaries coming too. All seemed to be progressing well...which is always a bad sign.

The outlaw fort on the hill had prisoners. I did not realise this until I noticed a large group of people on the horizon. I cautiously approached them, but thankfully I recognised some of the faces from Tabor and Silver Tree. I spoke with the two friends - the physician, Kenneth, and a warrior, Fourleaf - and that is when I discovered the existence of the prisoners. People continued to come from the boat...more from Tabor...more from Silver Tree...people I had no idea of their homestone. I offered my assistance but ended up storming off as all but the two men I have mentioned ignored me as if I was not there at all! I thought, "Let them find the damn fort on their own". Of course, they managed that with surprising ease...almost as if they had a map or some tracking mechanism. Some of them came via Tharnock and again I was ignored - even my attempts to offer the infirmary for their use seemed to gain little reaction. I had thought we Goreans had better manners, but maybe they are all actually barbarians brought here by the Priest Kings. Eventually my anger got the better of me and I went to the fort alone with no thought to my own safety. Thankfully the twenty or so warriors and slaves had managed to defeat the two outlaws. It came as no surprise that I was completely ignored again! To add insult to injury, on my way back home I was trampled by a kajirus, later identified as being from Silver Tree. His lack of training was highlighted not by the fact that he walked over me, but that he failed to apologise...or in fact speak at all. It would appear that standards there are slipping. Of course, given that the kajirus was only following the example set by the first sword of Silver Tree who strode about silently, one can hardly wonder.

While alone in the city the next morning, I was suddenly struck with an arrow. A mad panther babbling in an incomprehensible tongue was outside the city walls. I rushed to ring the alarms as arrows rained upon me. Seeing people I recognised in the woods, I shouted for help. The people moved away, off in to the hills. Realising I was on my own, I tried to reason with the insane woman. The Priest Kings seemed to favour her as one moment she was outside the city walls and the next she miraculously emerged from the tavern... I ran for cover but was downed before I could reach the fort. She left me unconscious; I have no idea why she attacked or what she did in the city. When I regained consciousness, I crawled to the infirmary and treated my injuries. I then climbed in to one of the beds and slept for many hours.

On waking, I discovered the Ubar had returned. I told him of the attack. He said there had been many strangers while I had slept. I wandered around, my bandages wet with blood. I heard parts of whispered conversations. It seemed to me that the newcomers were ready to move their own people in to a variety of positions within Tharnock. I did meet a lovely lady physician - visitor or about to move in? Time will tell.

I was exploring last night. I ran in to Tiber as I looked around a city. He saw my wounds. To say he was unsympathetic would be something of an understatement. He ordered me home and insisted I clean myself up better. He then shouted at me for going back to Tharnock when my place was at his side. I have never seen him so angry and I was ashamed at myself for making him feel that way. I apologised a lot. I cried even more. Eventually I cried myself to sleep on our bed. I woke this morning; he was not around and there were no scrolls from him. I hope he can forgive me. I also hope that we can find somewhere that will accept us as I don't fancy the life of an outlaw. I am not much enjoying the life of a green at the moment either. Or that of a Gorean...

May the Priest Kings favour you.

No comments:

Post a Comment