Tuesday 8 September 2009

Preparations (IC)

Nidge Darkfold grabs his journal, pen and ink from under his mat. No one is around to see him. Tears stream down his face. He opens the ink and struggles frantically with the pen and journal. His mind is destroyed totally.

"I am so alone. I am more alone now as a slave than I ever was as a Free Man. I am used and cast aside like a worthless object - which is what I have become. That which I most desire is denied to me totally and can never be mine in this life. The happiness I have always craved in the arms of a strong man who loves me is now out of reach."

"I am in charge of the infirmary. I know what to do. I am making preparations. Death will not be swift, but it will give me a release from this living hell."

Nidge slams the book closed and thrusts it under the mat with the pen. He then seals the ink and puts it under the mat too. He sobs, his body lurching violently. He gets up from his mat and races in to the desert screaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment