Tuesday 14 July 2009

Gor blimey! (OOC)

Okay, I am new to SL Gor and new to roleplay. Not sure which is the most unsettling for people - probably the lack of experience as a roleplayer, but everyone had to start somewhere and I am more than willing to learn.

Having visited many sims and spoken with (or silently observed - wearing the appropriate tag, of course) several scenarios, I soon realised that my roleplay skills were not as dire as I initially feared. During IC roleplaying I have heard and witnessed many things that even I knew was not within the spirit of things:
  • People saying things about sending IMs
  • People TPing out
  • People flying
  • Excessive use of lol/lmao/rofl (thankfully wild gesturing isn't prevalent)
  • Abbreviations (if you can't type a place name in full, I doubt you will produce an emote of any length/depth)
  • Been greeted by name by people I have never met
  • Been asked in open chat about things contained within my profile ("Oh I am in the UK too, where are you?" My answer being, "On Gor...")
  • Following an emoted sly and devious thought I was questioned on it (/me raises an eyebrow quizzically, "How odd that you should ask me such a question, I was not aware we had mind readers on Gor")
I always have my mini map open and wear a radar. I do these for my own personal information but do not let it affect my character. It is funny - and annoying - to watch people move away as I approach... As my character is a physician he was checked himself for the Bazi Plague, Dar-Kosis, etc. but found no traces of anything.

The thing I am least fond of is all the OOC drama that leaks in to the roleplay. I am fully aware of the harsh realities of Gor, but we are in Second Life which is an medium for interaction and entertainment. I have enough drama in my real life without helping people work through their issues in Second Life. A cancer scare and symptoms suggesting a stroke (though thankfully it proved otherwise) have been the highlights so far this year, so my head is occupied with other things. While it can be amusing to watch the bitching and backstabbing, I would like to engage in something else once in a while.

I am already tired of the people who would turn themselves inside out if they got any further up their own bumholes. I am tired of creeps and perverts - I am roleplaying for my own pleasure not so that some sicko can beat off while exploring a twisted BDSM fantasy in a virtual world - and believe me I am very open minded when it comes to exploring sexual fantasies which is why my SL roleplay limits are brief (nothing permanent (because nothing is in SL), I won't remain collared (if I had wanted to be a kajirus, I would have been) and anything else is open to discussion).

And one final point, I wish people would at least take a break from virtual sex long enough to interact with others once in a while! Of course, that could be my jealousy speaking as Nidge Darkfold's virtue is more or less intact... This is not a hint for any outlaws, etc. reading this to decide that I am ripe for the picking; I want it to be special - candlelight, soft music, being forced face down roughly in to soft furs. /me grins broadly before bursting out in to uproarius laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment