Wednesday 15 July 2009

My Morning Walk (OOC)

So on my morning walk I go through the tavern in the Isle of Tabor and meet a stranger. I am fully aware from his tag that he is Dark Ahn, but having never met him within the context of roleplay I don't know this. Now I am new to Tabor and don't know many people - so I roleplay the same way with everyone I meet for the first time. I exchange a simple greeting and see what develops. I am a clearly identified by my dress as a member of the Green Caste and am (now) unarmed - at least according to appearances, so I pose no threat to anyone. I do seem to have attracted the attentions of at least four outlaws now. IC I am bemused as to why. Even though I have only been involved in Gor a short time, OOC I am fully aware of how they intend to play things out. This is gay Gor in SL so the formula is -

capture + rape + release
------------------------------------- = standard roleplay
unspecified period of time

This isn't my thing, but I would play along if the roleplay seemed to make sense - if it is the usual virtual sex and involves merely sitting on poseballs while emoting bland statements with no detail, then I will be off. As an aside, in the unlikely event that any man does want me in the furs, I will be expecting him to roleplay the whole sexual scenario and not just let his Xcite equipment do the talking. And speaking of Xcite and such things, do people use the Show Look At function? I do and I can see that an outlaw 94m away from me has his focus locked on my groin (the pink crosshairs are a giveaway). And why do allegedly straight men feel the need to play with my (numbed and muted outside the bedroom) Xcite equipment when we are in public places? Even if no one else sees the "Your whatever is being touched by whoever" message, I do - and I save them all in notecards! Hmmmmm, blackmail... /me grins evilly.

But I digress, so back to the main topic. The encounter in the tavern goes something like this:

Me: Tal sir
Him: Tal
Him: ((So the tavern is SZ))
Me: No

I stand and wait...nothing happens. So I type my next line. He is obviously a slow typist as his line appears a second before mine.

He emotes about wondering if it is worth capturing this green.

Me: Well I have errands to run. Safe paths.

I then walk right past him, out of the tavern, across the bridge, out through the gate and over to the group of free men and kajiri by the dock. He makes no attempt to stop me or to attack me. The man eventually emerges from the gate and emotes running past us and disappearing off in a boat. At least two of the group identify him as Dark Ahn.

So...I have been within a few metres of this man. I have seen his face clearly. He has been identified to me as an outlaw. Now then, Nidge Darkfold is high caste, an apprentice physician, a seemingly intelligent man. What are the chances of this outlaw ever getting close again? He will either have to sneak up or be disguised - otherwise, an apparently unarmed green will either avoid him and sound the alarms or stick him with a syringe and render him unconscious while he calls for assistance. If only it was permissable within the spirit of roleplay it would be a syringe of kandar root and he would be dead. Yes I know that everyone asks for thirty minutes of roleplay and a valid reason for death, but his possible intentions towards me would be my reason for killing and it isn't easy to roleplay with someone who is dead. As soon as he was close enough to strike me, he would be dropped to the floor.

Okay, I am a physician - your point is what exactly? That I am smiling and charming and helpful? Where is the fun in that? There is no Red Cross on Gor, I am not neutral and I have my own motivations.
Hell, with my as yet unrevealed backstory of killing both a rival and the injured raider who killed my Free Companion, what value am I going to place on the life of a yet another stinking outlaw?

No comments:

Post a Comment