Tuesday 14 July 2009

Green with envy (IC)

So here I am, Nidge Darkfold of the planet Gor. Wandering. Aimless. Lonely. Wanting...

Searching across many cities I came upon the Isle of Tabor. Being a new face I was treated with suspicion, as is the Gorean way. Eventually I found a kindly soul from the nearby Tabor Deep who introduced me to a Taborean council member, who in turn introduced me to some of those who had made Tabor their homestone. From these initial meetings, relationships began to slowly build and I was accepted as an apprentice by the physician who dwells in Silver Tree.

So I have found a homestone and a role to fill. Still I am wanting. Wanting acceptance. Wanting to learn. Wanting new experiences. Wanting to keep my past hidden... I have made a couple of 'friends' but my nature means that I keep them at arm's length. There are a couple of men who have caught my eye, but their virile nature seems to ensure they are in the furs more or less constantly with a variety of others already.

Being a Green means showing warmth and compassion. Showing it is not the same as feeling it and already I have considered the sly tricks of women and sticking a syringe filled with a kandar root concoction in several of the free I have met. Of course, doing so would not be honourable. Still it is tempting and they should beware of coming within reach of my needle in private.


The boys of Tabor are very attentive, as are some of the boys of nearby White Water. Some of them need to attend classes with the slavers though, as their manners would earn them a beating from those less patient than me. Admittedly, the attentions of the kajiri are not something that interests me. My tastes lie in the arms of warriors and men it would not be good for me to be seen with. Strong men, proud men, dangerous men.

There seem to be changes afoot in Tabor and reports of danger and intrigue. Time will reveal all things - especially with the eyes and ears of the loyal kajiri keeping me supplied with information. And being an unthreatening healer allows me to pass by seemingly unnoticed.

May the Priest Kings favour you.

No comments:

Post a Comment