Friday 31 July 2009

Happiness and Sorrow (IC)

I have had a strange time since my last post; I could not have foreseen the events that have taken place.

While walking through Tabor I heard a commotion and discovered a group of Free Men and kajiri in the council chambers; a visiting warrior from Farnacium had been attacked by sleen. I was helped to get the man to the infirmary where I was able to tend to his wounds. I was rather worried at one point as I was afraid that I might lose him...so much blood, mostly due to a deep wound on his chest. One of the kajiri, a boy named Chance, assisted me by fetching and carrying the things I needed. He is such a helpful boy; I hope the city realises what potential he has.

I have a very close friend, who has come to mean so much to me in a very short space of time. His name is Tiber Delphin. I met him through a friend following a visit to Tabor. At that time he was magistrate in Tabor, though events have seen him change his homestone to Tharnock, which is also my homestone now. He has sought me as his Free Companion and I have accepted him gladly.

Leaving Tabor was very difficult for me. Although I had only been there a short time and had had some very unpleasant experiences there, I still view it with fondness. Some of the people there have brought great joy and warmth to my life. I hope I do not lose touch with them.

While collecting my things from the home I had in Hillcrest of Tabor, I was attacked. An unarmed member of the Green caste attacked in his own home without provocation. His motives can only be guessed at...

No comments:

Post a Comment