Wednesday 15 July 2009

My Morning Walk (IC)

I awoke in my home this morning. For once I had gone to rest without the aid of a vast quantity of Paga or Ka-la-na to numb the thoughts of my past. There didn't seem to be anyone around and I decided I would wander around Tabor to see if there were any signs of raids, etc. The walk affords me good exercise, my only other exercise being swimming up and down the river from my home to the centre of the city and back a few times. As an apprentice physician, I understand the importance of exercise to maintain both a healthy mind and a healthy body. Of course, many people probably do not realise my real motivation; I am taking careful note of my surroundings, the people, their conversations - more so, it would appear, than some of the guards do as they go charging around.

I live in Hillcrest so I wander through to the main Isle, through the gate to Northern Tabor, across to SilverTree and back home. When I enter the Isle of Tabor through the gates from Hillcrest, the steps lead me up to the upper floor of the tavern. I often come down through the tavern rather than walking the whole way around of the Isle, unless signs suggest I should do otherwise.

This morning I was greeted in the tavern by a man I did not recognise. After exchanging greetings, I left him and continued along my route - over the bridge and through the gate. I am sure many will think I am haughty or aloof, but I have better things to occupy myself with than making small talk with suspicious looking wanderers. Outside the gate I found a small group of people there; a physician, the Second Sword, a man I did not know and two kajiri - one of whom I am very fond, the other I did not know. As we greeted each other, the man from the tavern ran by, jumped in a boat and left. At least one of the free men and one kajirus identified the man as being Dark Ahn. Perhaps I will never know what his intentions towards me were. If our paths do cross again, I shall be better prepared to deal with him.

/me smooths down his tunic, smiling slyly as his hand brushes over the syringe loaded with a decoction of tassa carefully concealed in the hidden pocket and continues on his way.


May the Priest Kings favour you.

No comments:

Post a Comment